2010-2012 LAPAS together with Estonian Roundtable fo Development Cooperation (AKÜ) and Lithuanian National Platform of Development Cooperation NGOs was implementing project “Baltic States – Channeling Information for Development“. The overall objective of the project was to work on creating preconditions so that the national governments of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and the European Union have policies that are coherent and therefore decrease the negative social dimensions of globalization and mitigate the results of threats to human security, thereby promoting development and ultimately, the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
OTHER KEY ACTIVITIES
• Stories from LAPAS – non-formal evenings for sharing experience (2012)
• World Talks on Human Rights and Communication for Development (2012)
• Lecture series “World Talks” (2011)
• Pan Baltic World Talk on Human Security (June 2011)
• World Talks on the MDGs (October 2010)
• Baltic States Conference on Development Education (April 2010)
• Latvian National Conference on Development Education (Nov 2009)
• Lecture series on Africa and Development (Winter 2008)
• Ukrainian Latvia NGO Summer Academy (July 2008)
• Moldovan Latvian NGO Summer Academy (July 2007)
• The Latvian – Moldovan NGO Forum on Public Participation (2006 – Kishinev, Moldova);
• The Latvian – Georgian NGO Forum “The Road to the EU” (2005 – Tbilisi, Georgia);
• Annual World Day Events in Liepaja, Alūksne and Rīga – showcasing Latvian NGO activities on the theme of development.
• Training, lectures, briefings for the member organizations and other interested parties on development issues.